Project Scope Multi-level Outdoor Living Space Design and Construction, Masonry, Carpentry and Drainage
Multiple construction firms declined beginning this multi-level outdoor living space stating the project could not be done. Cue Flintstones.
Our client’s wanted an outdoor living space and pool area where they could enjoy time with their family. Although this backyard was one of the most challenging landscapes to work with, we gave them just that and more.
- The steeply sloping yard was virtually unusable before but now offers an immense amount of enjoyable and valuable property for our clients.
- Pool deck includes covered areas under upper house deck with multiple sleek heating units to add warmth on cooler evenings.
- Glass guard rails shield cool breezes, but allow view to trees and vistas
- Multiple seating areas offer options for seating during different times of day and weather types.
- Long, shallow stairs double as seating for larger groups of people. Pool and entertaining deck access vastly improved by adding direct stairways linking the upper (living) floor of the house. New folding door system opens lower floor to the pool deck, allowing greater indoor/outdoor flow
- Complementary combination of materials with varying and contrasting textures: coloured concrete, pre-cast concrete, flamed basalt, ledge stone.
- In-deck fountain jets along sides of pool
- Built in outdoor kitchen with bar fridge allows complete outdoor living
- Hot tub positioned for view
- Outdoor sound system
- Pool deck, kitchen, bar and plantings help to screen views to neighbouring properties. Mostly what is seen now is a tree-scape of ‘borrowed’ landscape views. The bad views have been obscured and the good views have been enhanced.
Want to know more about how we did this expansive project? View the television special this project was featured on below!